Virtual Video Platform Merges Best of TV and Web Functionality
Vans today announced the debut of the free Off the Wall TV iPad app, delivering Vans’ offthewall.tv video network of exclusive, original action sports, music, art and street culture programming to millions of iPad users around the world now able to enjoy offthewall.tv anywhere with this easy to use app.
Offthewall.tv, the first network of its kind in the apparel and action sports industries, launched less than a year ago and has already attracted millions of viewers who watch shows about Vans® skate and surf personalities, artists, musicians and designers that premiere each week. The Off the Wall TV app, developed by U-Dox International Creative Agency and available on iTunes, allows users to subscribe to their favorite shows to receive push notifications of new episodes, plus easily share their favorites via Facebook, Twitter and e-mail.
Mirroring a traditional television network, but operating exclusively online, offthewall.tv includes original shows debuting weekly, as well as content from Vans’ vast archives of skate, surf, snow, BMX, wakeboarding and motocross programs. Offthewall.tv programs also highlight top events from the Vans Triple Crown of Surfing to the Vans Warped Tour, along with special releases such as the first-ever Vans surf film, Get-N Classic .
Tune in to offthewall.tv to catch such original shows as:
· Crack & Shine – a window into the clandestine world of illegal graffiti artists
· Adventures with Chris – the stories of Chris Nieratko, the gonzo journalist-poet laureate of skate, as he spends time with the Vans team and other luminaries and gives us a glimpse at their anything but normal lives
· Time and Space – a series that delves into the behind-the-scenes work in putting together major art exhibitions with such artists as Neckface, Mister Cartoon and Dennis McNett
· Shore Break Baby –short clips chronicling some of skate’s most talented and interesting personalities and the SF skate scene
· Off the Wall Comedy Show – Vice magazine founder Gavin McInnes’ sketch comedy series skewering hipsters and life in NYC
· Jeff Grosso’s Loveletters to Skateboarding – Jeff Grosso’s wisdom from 20-plus years of ups and downs as a professional skateboarder
· Collaboratory – a documentary-style series focusing on designers and brands from outdoor favorite Filson to New York skate legend Rodney Smith to global icon Hello Kitty, all of whom are collaborating with Vans for special projects
· Pass the Bucket – a look into the humanitarian side of today’s most celebrated action sport athletes, musicians, artists and foundations, including Crys Worley of autism non-profit A.Skate and BMX star-turned quadriplegic-turned inspiration Stephen Murray; a raw and transparent conversation of today’s shocking realities and potential solutions.
- www.vans.com -